This week I made a dress using the 70’s pattern I got last week, I decided to use floral jersey (knit) fabric as the sizing can be totally different in vintage patterns and at least with jersey it would have a bit of give it turned out to small. I lowered the neckline because once I had all the pieces pinned together it just felt much to high! When I tried on the finished the dress, the fit was great but the colour was just all wrong and made me looked washed out. Not to worry inspired by Jillian over at refashionista I just bought a packet of plum dylon hand dye and fixed it. Unfortunately I’m now going to have re-stitch the hem, neckline and cuffs as the thread stayed white and as boyfriend so kindly put it, it looks like I’ve got it on inside out!
I’ve also been knitting away at my bolero from a pattern in December’s issue of making magazine, I’ve almost finished the back but as its knitted on size 3 needles it’s taking forever! I also think the recommended three balls of wool isn’t going to be enough as I’m already half way through mine, hopefully there will be enough to finish the main body then I can just do the trim in another colour.
I’ve managed to pick up loads of crafty bits this week, my local RSPA charity shop has two baskets behind the counter full of knitting and clothes patterns. I picked up these three for 10p each and this incredibly 80’s dress and jacket pattern for 50p, I also got this cute strawberry bottle for 80p.
I treated myself to Yoshiko Tsukiori stylish dress book and I can’t wait to start to making the dresses! I’m planning on copying the pattern and cutting the fabric for dress E today (the one on the cover) you can see loads of examples of finished one here on pinterest.
Here are some other bits I’ve picked up over the past week
Hope you’ve all had a productive crafting week!